Here's a recipe for one of our favorite Feast of the Seven Fishes dishes. It's for stuffed calamari, which recommend serving in Tomato Sauce.
You Will Need: 2-4 pound of calamari (squid), bread crumbs, salt, pepper, fresh grated Parmesan and/or romano cheese, eggs, garlic, basil, water, milk, chopped up portions of the various seafood will be serving (including the squid themselves.)
How You Do It:
- Remove the tentacles from the calamari, leaving only the body cavity
- Prepare the tomato sauce and allow it to simmer while preparing the stuffing
- The Stuffing - In a large bowl, combine two 15 oz. cans of bread crumbs (or four cups fresh bread crumbs), one head of minced garlic, cup of milk, and an egg. Add cheese to preference and copious amounts of the remaining chopped fish and squid. Mix by hand until you get a thick moist mixture, add more milk if necessary.
- Now, take the stuffing and fill each calamari tube (tight but not too tight) and place in an olive oiled casserole dish. Lay the stuffed calamari in rows and feel free to layer.
- Drizzle the stuffed calamari with olive oil and cheese, then poor your sauce over top the entire dish.
- Cover with foil and a lid and place in an oven thats been pre-heated to 450 degrees for about an hour.
Learn about our book